The past few weeks have been busy around here. As the summer winds down, I always find myself wanting to take a look back at everything that happened! A little bit of a Time Hop! So I’ve gone through my Instagram feed and found some of my favorite moments of the summer to share with you! Here they are :
01. This summer, we made it to the Farmer’s market in Minneapolis a few times earlier on in the season – it’s always my goal to make it there at least every other weekend. That of course never happens, but one year I promise it will. I love all the fresh produce + flowers they have available – and don’t even get me started on the fresh squeezed lemonade!
02. I had the opportunity to work as an intern with Munster Rose this summer, and let me tell you – it’s the best opportunity ever. Everything smells and looks sooooo pretty, and also it was such a great way to gain experience. #Networking. These are some of the flowers I got to take home that were leftovers from a wedding earlier in the season – peonies are my f-a-v-o-r-i-t-e.
03. If you’re from Minnesota, you know about Lake Harriet during the summertime. One of my favorite things to do on a Saturday afternoon is head over to the Linden Hills neighborhood of Minneapolis and take a walk around Lake Harriet. You get the perfect view of the skyline and all the hustle and bustle of people biking + walking + running around the lake … not to mention all the cute dogs!
04. A lot of this summer has been spent exploring Minneapolis and I can’t tell you how much I love this place. I feel like I’m finally at the age where I am getting a grip on the cities and knowing where things are and how to get to + from place to place.
05. Since I’m just getting started with the event planning business, I’m not quite in full swing yet for wedding season summers. Until then, I’m a nanny! This summer with the littles I nanny was so much fun. Days spent by the pool + parks were definitely the highlights. We had the perfect summer weather for it, too – not too hot and not too cold … juuuust right!
06. Another highlight of this summer was spending time with my little sister, Lindsay. We <3 chipotle, and could probably eat there every day. Any day that I had off from work, we hung out and would run errands together or go bug our mom at her office. She's at art school now + loooooving it, which is great 'cause it's so perfect for her! 07. The weekend after Breanna + Michael got married, we all took a trip south a couple hours to Welch Mill and went tubing down the Canon River for a couple hours, we were unplugged and it was so awesome to just spend a couple hours enjoying each other’s company and a few driiinks!
08. The last one is from just last weekend when I met my mom + sister at Zumbro Cafe to grab a bite to eat. That place has suuuuch good food! I always stick with the eggs benedict, but my sister always gets the BLT mac n cheese and I have to steal a couple bites.